Books-Microeconomics-MA Economics entrance preparationJuly 16th, 2013 BY EcoPoint India (0 comments)
Many students ask me this obvious question, which book/s they should follow, I thought let me brief them about several books which they can do, along with the material which they have or any coaching they are pursuing.
Nicholson and Synader : I love this book. This is written very systematically and have calculus oriented approach to solve questions. I recommend this book to all of you, start making notes of this book, you will find that your preparation is well up to the mark.
Varian Workbook : I am sure, if you are planning to give DSE paper, then you either have this book or at least have heard about it and trying to find it. In either case, please solve this one. Generally speaking, I advise students to pick up just one book and stick to it. Doing every other book, you get hands on, is highly advised against.
Rubinfield and Pindyk: Again, this is a well known text followed across the world for an under graduate microeconomics course. If you have time, do solve this book too.
Mascolell, Whinston and Green : Not for faint-hearted. This is one of the book which is followed at DSE. I seriously do not think, that they will start asking questions from this book for an entrance exam. This is way beyond what an entrance exam expects out of you. Even if some of you think, that you can handle this, then please go ahead. Victory on to you. Even though popularly, referred as Bible of Microeconomics, it may not be so for you. Always remember in an entrance exam, they will ask questions, based on what you have learned in your under graduate course and not what you are about to learn masters.
My sincere advise to all aspirants
- Do just one book as a reference
- Have someone to solve your doubts
- Do as many multiple choice questions as you can
- Be regular with your studies. Make a commitment with yourself to do ‘x’ number of questions everyday and do it
- If you are taking coaching, then make sure you ask, ask and ask as many questions as you can. Have a group there, which can solve questions. Try to see how other students are solving questions.and you also do the same
ECOPOINT provides Offline/classroom and Online coaching for DSE, ISI, JNU and other MA Economics entrance exams.
You can see ECOPOINT’s
- results here
- testimonials here
- free videos here
- Contact : Nishant Mehra (9999886629), Vidhi Pant (9873903314)