This video series is first one in Mathematics for Economics course. Below are some of the classic references for Mathematical Economics
- Fundamental Methods for Mathematical Economics, by Alpha Chiang
- Essential Mathematics for Economic Analysis by Knut Sydsaeter and Peter Hammond
- Mathematical Analysis For Economists by RGD Allen
In these videos, we explain the following
- What is a function? What is not a function?
- What are one-to-one and onto functions?
- How to find an inverse of a function? Example of important property of an inverse of a function.
- Lastly, what are concave functions and convex functions? They have huge applicability in various disciplines of economics, hence it is better to understand them at the beginning only
One-one and Onto functions
Monotonicity and Inverse Functions
Concave and convex functions Part 1
Concave and convex functions Part 2